This year digital versions of some of the textbooks are available for you to purchase. Please check the Required Textbook list before making any purchases. This list will inform you of any restrictions for purchasing digital books, for example some courses require a print version and offer the digital as an option for use at home. Other courses require the digital version and have the print version listed as optional and still other courses allow you to choose your preference. Some texts do not have a digital version, in these cases the print version is required.
Digital versions of the texts are offered through four different vendors: MBS Direct Digital, Apple iBooks, Amazon Kindle, and Course Smart. The “Conditions” column of the list will tell you which vendor provides the digital version for the text. Each of these vendors provide an app you can download through iTunes to access the books you purchase. Within each app, log on using the same email and password you used for other purchases you made on the site.
Please check the Obsolete Textbooks list before purchasing any texts from another student.
Purchasing Digital Books:
* MBS Direct Digital texts: Go to the MBS Direct site http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/lareina.htm
* Apple iBooks: Purchase through the iTunes desktop software or using the iBooks app on the iPad.
* Amazon Kindle: Amazon Web site: www.amazon.com
* CK-12: Create an account on the CK-12 website http://www.ck12.org/student/ and log on. Download the ePub version on your iPad and then select "Open in iBooks."
* Course Smart: Course Smart site: www.coursesmart.com The rental period displayed on the site is set by the publisher.
Online Bookstore Website
The online bookstore will open May 13, 2013 for Summer Enrichment textbook orders.
The online bookstore will open June 20, 2013 for print and digital textbook orders for Fall 2013.
Selling Your Used Textbooks:
The EZ Drop Text Buyback event will take place in the Library on May 23rd from 9:00am until 11:00 a.m. Bring the textbooks you would like to sell back to MBS with you along with the quote for the books you create on their Web site. Click on the link to the online bookstore above and then select “Sell My Books.” Here is a link to a brochure with directions for creating the quote. EZ Drop Parent Brochure
La Reina Parents will hold a used book sale on Saturday, June 8th from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon on the Senior Patio. For details click here.
Library Media Teacher
(805) 495 6494, ext. 308