Why Speech & Debate
Speech and debate gives students an edge:
- Speech and debate students have a significant edge in college admissions.
- 99% of participants go to college and 90% continue on to graduate school.
- Underperforming students show dramatic improvement through participation in speech and debate competitions.
- Speech and debate participation provides real cognitive and behavioral outcomes in the following areas:
- Improving reading, listening, speaking, and writing skills
- Improving critical thinking skills
- Fostering intellectual curiosity
- Increasing motivation
- Increasing engagement – both at-risk and gifted students engage more and act out as much as 50% less
Speech and debate creates enduring transformation in teens, setting them on a path that can lead them in amazing new directions.