1. Submit an online applications (Applications open for the 2018-17 school year on October 1, 2017)
2. Attend La Reina’s Open House
3. Attend Freshman for a Day (current 8th grade girls) OR Regent for a Day
4. Request transcripts from the applicant’s current school
5. Request recommendations from the applicant’s current English and math teacher, current principal, and religious leader
- Links to the online recommendation system will be sent to those families after you have applied.
- Please note that most public schools prohibits its teachers from participating in the recommendation process for private schools. This will not be held against an applicant, but may make placement in honors classes difficult.
- Applicants currently attending a Catholic school MUST request recommendations from their principal, English and math teachers, and priest or pastor.
6. Take the High School Entrance Placement Test on Saturday, January 27, 2018 or Saturday, February 24, 2018. Only 9th grade applicants are required to take the HSPT.
7. Schedule a personal interview on one of the following days:
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018
8. Acceptance letters will be mailed on March 2, 2018
*Current La Reina eighth graders do not need to apply for La Reina’s high school program if they are in good standing academically and have maintained above average citizenship during their time at La Reina.