La Reina High School has an immediate opening for a Full time Maintenance Assistant.The Maintenance Assistant will report to the Maintenance Supervisor, who reports to the Director of Facilities. The position will maintain proper, clean and safe building and grounds areas including sidewalks, lunch areas, parking lots, classrooms, lights, clocks, windows. Assist in moving and arranging furniture, boxes, desks, carpet tiles. Also perform minor, non-technical repairs to desks, lockers, toilets, sinks and other facility equipment. Provide emergency clean up from plumbing, breakage, spills, or illness. Other general maintenance duties as assigned.
• Ability to work without immediate supervision in a proactive manner
• Must speak English and follow oral and written English instructions
• Perform daily moderate heavy physical labor
• Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff, students, parents, and outside vendors
• Follow safety guidelines and practices for equipment operations, cleaning and storage of materials
• Must be able to lift 75 pounds and go up and down stairs with that weight
• Must be able to be on feet for the entire shift, of 8 hours
• Must be able to stoop, bend, twist, reach and kneel frequently
• Must possess the balance needed to work on a 20 foot extension ladder
Experience and Training
• Applicants should have general maintenance skills in painting, drywall, electrical, plumbing
• Equivalent to completion of high school or GED certification
• Previous general maintenance experience desirable
• Must clear Department of Justice Live Scan Fingerprinting and a background check
• Tuberculosis clearance required
The position will generally work Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm, with varied hours, nights and weekends as needed for special events
The starting pay is approximately $13.00 per hour.
This position will be eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation Time and Sick Time. Qualified applicants should email their resume to email@example.com or fax it to 805-494-4966. Please do not contact the school directly with questions regarding the position.
Cafeteria Food Service Worker – Part Time
La Reina High School is currently hiring for a Part Time Food Service Worker who works under the direction of the supervisor who, in turn, reports to the Cafeteria Manager. The general duties and responsibilities of the Food Service Worker are to perform routine manual tasks in the preparation and serving of food and in cleaning and, maintaining food service areas. The Cafeteria Food Service Worker will perform daily merchandising, replenishing all vending and retail fixtures.
• Cooperate with the Cafeteria Manager to provide a positive and inviting dining experience for students, faculty, staff and parents.
• Be responsible for the proper maintenance of merchandising for vending and retail fixtures.
• Be responsible for food preparation by chopping, washing, cutting, assembling, sorting
• Be responsible for the serving of food during the serving period.
• Be responsible for cleaning equipment, storage, and work areas during the total work day.
• Assist with the loading and unloading of food supplies.
• Be responsible for the proper storage of food.
• Be responsible for washing dishes and utensils, including those from catered events.
• Operate mechanical kitchen equipment safely.
• Follow work schedules as assigned by the Cafeteria Manager.
• Practice acceptable health and work habits as described by the county and state.
• Participate in staff/faculty functions as requested by the supervisor, Cafeteria Manager or Head of School.
• Participate in Professional Development Training.
• Cafeteria Cashier Duties
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Cafeteria Manager and/or supervisor.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in school food service or a related restaurant/cooking field is desirable.
• Honest, loyal, dependable, willing to work creating and maintaining cooperative relationships with others.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work and/or stand for 4.5 hours
• Stoop, bend, twist, kneel frequently
• Lift 45 pounds
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Slip resistant shoes, proper hair protection, and clothing as required by the Cafeteria Manager or county health regulations.
This position will generally work 20-25 hours per week, Monday – Friday, during the 10 month school year. Occasional nights and weekends maybe needed for special events. As a part time position, therefore is not eligible for health benefits. Pay is depending on experience, range $10-$13 per hour.
A background check, Department of Justice fingerprinting, and TB Clearance are all required for employment. Please send a resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.The application deadline is July 2, 2014.