Varsity Head Basketball Coach
The Varsity Head Basketball Coach is responsible for all aspects of the High School Basketball Program:
•Enforcement of all school, athletic department, and team polices
•Make sure all travel protocol is followed
•Stay up to date on all CIF/NFHS rules pertaining to Basketball
•Issue and collect team uniforms
•All aspects of Game management ( from ticket sales to set up)
•Monitor along with the athletic director student eligibility
•Media communication regarding game results
•Weekly score reports to the AD for League and CIF records
•Input stats on max preps web site
•Provide information and work with Website Manager to keep La Reina Basketball web page up to date
•Complete the end of season report along with the following years wish list in a timely manner
•Coordinate all off season training (Fall and Summer Programs)
•Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
•A proven, verifiable record of positive staff, student and administrative support and relationships.
•A proven, verifiable record of placing appropriate emphasis on good sportsmanship, academic excellence, positive attitudes and character.
•A demonstrated ability to teach, enforce, advocate and model appropriate behavior, character traits and educational values to students-athletes.
•A demonstrated ability to teach, organize and supervise assistants.
•A demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model for student athletes and a commitment to holding all students and adults associated with the program to the same standards.
•A demonstrated ability to work with parent groups, administrators, staff and students.
•A demonstrated ability to organize and maintain positive communication with the community.
•Candidates should have significant high school basketball coaching experience.
•Tuberculosis and Department of Justice Clearance will be required.
Coaching positions are not eligible for health benefits or paid time off. Qualified applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cafeteria Food Service Worker – Part Time
La Reina High School is currently hiring for a Part Time Food Service Worker who works under the direction of the supervisor who, in turn, reports to the Cafeteria Manager. The general duties and responsibilities of the Food Service Worker are to perform routine manual tasks in the preparation and serving of food and in cleaning and, maintaining food service areas. The Cafeteria Food Service Worker will perform daily merchandising, replenishing all vending and retail fixtures.
• Cooperate with the Cafeteria Manager to provide a positive and inviting dining experience for students, faculty, staff and parents.
• Be responsible for the proper maintenance of merchandising for vending and retail fixtures.
• Be responsible for food preparation by chopping, washing, cutting, assembling, sorting
• Be responsible for the serving of food during the serving period.
• Be responsible for cleaning equipment, storage, and work areas during the total work day.
• Assist with the loading and unloading of food supplies.
• Be responsible for the proper storage of food.
• Be responsible for washing dishes and utensils, including those from catered events.
• Operate mechanical kitchen equipment safely.
• Follow work schedules as assigned by the Cafeteria Manager.
• Practice acceptable health and work habits as described by the county and state.
• Participate in staff/faculty functions as requested by the supervisor, Cafeteria Manager or Head of School.
• Participate in Professional Development Training.
• Cafeteria Cashier Duties
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Cafeteria Manager and/or supervisor.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in school food service or a related restaurant/cooking field is desirable.
• Honest, loyal, dependable, willing to work creating and maintaining cooperative relationships with others.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work and/or stand for 4.5 hours
• Stoop, bend, twist, kneel frequently
• Lift 45 pounds
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Slip resistant shoes, proper hair protection, and clothing as required by the Cafeteria Manager or county health regulations.
This position will generally work 20-25 hours per week, Monday – Friday, during the 10 month school year. Occasional nights and weekends maybe needed for special events. As a part time position, therefore is not eligible for health benefits. Pay is depending on experience, range $10-$13 per hour.
A background check, Department of Justice fingerprinting, and TB Clearance are all required for employment. Please send a resume electronically to email@example.com.The application deadline is July 2, 2014.