La Reina High School & Middle School has an immediate opening for a full-time Maintenance Assistant.
The Maintenance Assistant will report to the Director of Facilities & Operations. This position will: maintain proper, clean, and safe buildings and ground areas including sidewalks, lunch areas, parking lots, classrooms, lights, clocks, and windows; assist in moving and arranging furniture, boxes, desks, and carpet tiles. The Maintenance Assistant will perform minor, non-technical repairs to desks, lockers, toilets, sinks and other facility equipment. Providing emergency clean up from plumbing, breakage, spills, or illness, is also required.
- High School diploma or GED certification.
- Holds and maintains a valid driver’s license for the type of equipment to be driven, with no serious violations.
- Must clear Department of Justice Live Scan Fingerprinting and a background check and be Virtus trained.
- Tuberculosis clearance required.
- Ability to work without immediate supervision in a proactive manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Perform moderate to heavy physical labor daily.
- Serves as a role model for students and staff in demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
- Follow safety guidelines and practices for equipment operations, all tools, and cleaning and storage of materials.
- Applicants should have general maintenance skills in painting, drywall, electrical, and plumbing.
- Previous general maintenance experience desirable.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds and go up and down stairs with that weight.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, twist, reach and kneel frequently.
- Must possess the balance needed to work on a 20 foot extension ladder.
This position will generally work Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with varied hours, night, and weekends, as needed for special events.
Qualified applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact the school directly with questions regarding this position.
Communications Manager - Sisters of Notre Dame
The Sisters of Notre Dame in California have an opening for a Communications Manager who will support the activities of the Mission Advancement Department through communications and public relations activities. As a member of the SND Mission Advancement Department, this position works collaboratively with staff, the province leadership team, and volunteers.
- Communicating the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame (SND) as well as the congregation’s history, vision, ministries, programs, goals and needs.
- Creating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating an annual communications plan in collaboration with the Mission Advancement Team. This plan would include but not be limited to public relations messaging; website, blog and social media; newsletters and fundraising support materials; and public awareness activities within various ministries.
- Managing the day-to-day implementation of the annual communications plan.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the province website (www.sndca.org), so that it is comprehensive, engaging and current.
- Writing, editing, designing and publishing the province newsletter, Vision & Challenge.
- Developing promotional materials as requested by various province departments.
- Providing marketing support for SND programs.
- Developing, implementing, evaluating and updating a strategic plan for the expanded use of technology and social media for SND Mission Advancement, with special emphasis on the integration of videos.
- Working in collaboration with SND communications officers, both locally and nationally, in support of Mission Advancement.
- Performing other public relations tasks as requested by the Director of Mission Advancement Services and/or the province leadership team.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
- Ability to articulate the values and mission of the Catholic Church and religious life.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and independently, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and superior writing skills; applicants who are interviewed will be asked to provide a portfolio of writing/design pieces, both print and electronic.
- Skills and experience in graphic design, website management, digital photography, videography and video editing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and In-Design, Microsoft Office and group email systems.
- Have the use of a vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of volunteer or professional experience in communications and/or public relations.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of volunteer or professional experience with a Catholic organization or parish.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put the job title in the subject line.