Part-time Admissions Associate
La Reina High School & Middle School has an opening for a part-time Admissions Associate. The Admissions Associate reports directly to the Director of Admissions. S/he represents La Reina to prospective students and organizations and works to increase inquiries and convert applications into enrolled students. The Admissions Associate’s responsibilities include assisting the Director of Admissions in several duties related to admission procedures, and maintaining the data base of all the information related to the department. In addition, s/he must exhibit professionalism throughout daily interactions and communications with students and parents including interviews, phone calls, emails and information sessions. The Admissions Associate must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, parents, students, alumnae, administrators and staff. A flexible work schedule that will include days, some evenings and weekends is required.
• Communicate the Mission of La Reina and the charism of the Sisters of Notre Dame
• Plan, manage, and execute recruitment and retention events in collaboration with the Director of Admissions
• Coordinate with internal and external marketing to produce advertisements and promotional material for recruitment
• Oversee the Admissions website database
• Provide prospective applicants information about academic programs, admissions requirements, and financial aid options
• Prepare applicant files for Admissions Committee review
• Give campus tours to prospective families
• Utilize phone, email, and letter-writing to communicate articulately with prospective students in a timely manner, providing superior customer service and exhibiting outstanding spelling and grammar skills.
• Travel on behalf of La Reina for recruitment and other related events
• To perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Admissions
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Previous Admissions experience or related field, preferred
• Data entry experience
• Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing and be able to speak publicly
• Experiences with production of a variety of media particularly print publications
• Possess high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put the job title in the subject line. La Reina High School & Middle School is an equal opportunity employer.
Communications Manager – Sisters of Notre Dame
The Sisters of Notre Dame in California have an opening for a Communications Manager who will support the activities of the Mission Advancement Department through communications and public relations activities. As a member of the SND Mission Advancement Department, this position works collaboratively with staff, the province leadership team, and volunteers.
- Communicating the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame (SND) as well as the congregation’s history, vision, ministries, programs, goals and needs.
- Creating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating an annual communications plan in collaboration with the Mission Advancement Team. This plan would include but not be limited to public relations messaging; website, blog and social media; newsletters and fundraising support materials; and public awareness activities within various ministries.
- Managing the day-to-day implementation of the annual communications plan.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the province website (www.sndca.org), so that it is comprehensive, engaging and current.
- Writing, editing, designing and publishing the province newsletter, Vision & Challenge.
- Developing promotional materials as requested by various province departments.
- Providing marketing support for SND programs.
- Developing, implementing, evaluating and updating a strategic plan for the expanded use of technology and social media for SND Mission Advancement, with special emphasis on the integration of videos.
- Working in collaboration with SND communications officers, both locally and nationally, in support of Mission Advancement.
- Performing other public relations tasks as requested by the Director of Mission Advancement Services and/or the province leadership team.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
- Ability to articulate the values and mission of the Catholic Church and religious life.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and independently, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and superior writing skills; applicants who are interviewed will be asked to provide a portfolio of writing/design pieces, both print and electronic.
- Skills and experience in graphic design, website management, digital photography, videography and video editing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and In-Design, Microsoft Office and group email systems.
- Have the use of a vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of volunteer or professional experience in communications and/or public relations.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of volunteer or professional experience with a Catholic organization or parish.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the job title in the subject line.
La Reina High School & Middle School has an immediate opening for a full-time Maintenance Assistant.
The Maintenance Assistant will report to the Director of Facilities & Operations. This position will: maintain proper, clean, and safe buildings and ground areas including sidewalks, lunch areas, parking lots, classrooms, lights, clocks, and windows; assist in moving and arranging furniture, boxes, desks, and carpet tiles. The Maintenance Assistant will perform minor, non-technical repairs to desks, lockers, toilets, sinks and other facility equipment. Providing emergency clean up from plumbing, breakage, spills, or illness, is also required.
• High School diploma or GED certification.
• Holds and maintains a valid driver’s license for the type of equipment to be driven, with no serious violations.
• Must clear Department of Justice Live Scan Fingerprinting and a background check and be Virtus trained.
• Tuberculosis clearance required.
• Ability to work without immediate supervision in a proactive manner.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
• Perform moderate to heavy physical labor daily.
• Serves as a role model for students and staff in demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
• Follow safety guidelines and practices for equipment operations, all tools, and cleaning and storage of materials.
• Applicants should have general maintenance skills in painting, drywall, electrical, and plumbing.
• Previous general maintenance experience desirable.
• Must be able to lift 75 pounds and go up and down stairs with that weight
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, twist, reach and kneel frequently
• Must possess the balance needed to work on a 20 foot extension ladder
This position will generally work Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with varied hours, nights, and weekends, as needed for special events.
Qualified applicants should email their resume to email@example.com. Please do not contact the school directly with questions regarding this position.
Robotics Instructor and VEX Robotic Competition Mentor
La Reina High School & Middle School has an immediate opening for a well-qualified individual to teach a 6th grade robotics class in the Spring and to begin immediately as the VEX Robotics competition mentor. As the VEX Robotics competition mentor, the individual will have to be available after school from 3 – 4:30 p.m. twice a week to work with the Robotics Team and will also need to be available for team competitions on weekends. As Robotics instructor, the individual will be required to teach one section of 6th grade robotics on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 2 – 2:45 and Thursday from 1:25 – 2:45. The curriculum can be provided.
The ideal candidate should have a background in teaching, preferably in a STEM-related field. Department of Justice fingerprinting, tuberculosis clearance and Virtus training are required for employment.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Mrs. Fran Foulkrod at firstname.lastname@example.org