Varsity Head Basketball Coach
The Varsity Head Basketball Coach is responsible for all aspects of the High School Basketball Program:
•Enforcement of all school, athletic department, and team polices
•Make sure all travel protocol is followed
•Stay up to date on all CIF/NFHS rules pertaining to Basketball
•Issue and collect team uniforms
•All aspects of Game management ( from ticket sales to set up)
•Monitor along with the athletic director student eligibility
•Media communication regarding game results
•Weekly score reports to the AD for League and CIF records
•Input stats on max preps web site
•Provide information and work with Website Manager to keep La Reina Basketball web page up to date
•Complete the end of season report along with the following years wish list in a timely manner
•Coordinate all off season training (Fall and Summer Programs)
•Other duties as assigned by the Director of Atheletics
•A proven, verifiable record of positive staff, student and administrative support and relationships.
•A proven, verifiable record of placing appropriate emphasis on good sportsmanship, academic excellence, positive attitudes and character.
•A demonstrated ability to teach, enforce, advocate and model appropriate behavior, character traits and educational values to students-athletes.
•A demonstrated ability to teach, organize and supervise assistants.
•A demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model for student athletes and a commitment to holding all students and adults associated with the program to the same standards.
•A demonstrated ability to work with parent groups, administrators, staff and students.
•A demonstrated ability to organize and maintain positive communication with the community.
•Candidates should have significant high school basketball coaching experience.
•Tuberculosis and Department of Justice Clearance will be required.
Coaching positions are not eligible for health benefits or paid time off. Qualified applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com.
Part Time Front Office Assistant
La Reina High School is seeking a Part Time Front Office Assistant, to start immediately. The Front Office Assistant will provide general administrative and receptionist support to the Front Office, Administration, and other departments. Duties and responsibilities will be assigned and supervised by the Front Office Lead. Approximate hours are 11:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday, during the school year.
•Answer phones, greet people, take questions and inquire about answers
•Data entry – immunizations, physicals, emergency cards for every student
•Learn Blackbaud systems
•Handle all locker assignments and issues
•Provide coverage for front office and library breaks and lunch periods
•Cover Cafeteria cashiering duties as needed
•General and other duties as assigned
•Previous experience working in a front office
•Exceptional customer service and customer relations skills
•Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
•Tuberculosis and Department of Justice Clearance will be required
Part time positions are eligible to participate in the 401K plan, receive holiday pay and paid time off, but are not eligible for health benefits. Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7/29/14.
Assistant Director of Athletics
La Reina High School is currently hiring for a part time Assistant Director of Athletics for the 2014/2015 school year, beginning August 1, 2014. This position is appointed by the Head of School and reports to Director of Athletics.
• Coordinates all aspects of the Junior High athletic program: Coaches, pre-season meetings, schedules, officials, game and practice sites, equipment, etc.
• Manages travel and transportation arrangements, field and site management.
• Works with Athletic Trainer to ensure first aid kits are ready: ordering supplies, stocking, inventory, issue and return of first aid kits etc.
• Communicate Athletic information and updates to the Website Coordinator to assure the Athletics webpage is current.
• Represents the school at any meetings that the Director of Athletics is unable to attend.
• Completes other responsibilities as defined by the Director of Athletics.
• Occasional nights and weekend work, with occasional travel.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Previous Athletic Management and coaching experience is needed.
• Candidates should possess superior organizational skills with the ability to muli-task.
Strong communication skills necessary, both verbal and written, to interface with athletes, parents, coaches and other athletic vendors.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by July 21, 2014.
La Reina High School is currently hiring for a part time Athletic Trainer 2014/2015 school year, beginning
August 1, 2014. This position is appointed by the Head of School and reports to Director of Athletics.
• Advise athletes and coaches on matters pertaining to conditioning, diet, rest, exercises, re-conditioning and other related health matters.
• Advise athletes and coaches in methods of prevention of athletic injury.
• Provide pre-practice and pre-game taping and wrapping.
• Attend all home athletic events and travel with teams when needed.
• Provide first aid care for injuries sustained during practice sessions and games.
• Evaluate and determine whether an athlete injured during a practice or game may continue to participate.
• Employ proper preventive and safety measures before transporting an injured student to a physician or hospital by approved conveyance. Notify the parents of an injured athlete taken to physician or hospital as soon as possible.
• Carry out physician’s orders (team or private) regarding treatment of injury.
• Review written permission by physician (team or private) before allowing student under treatment to practice or play
• Keep a record of athletic injuries, including name, date, diagnosis, recommended treatment and physician’s recommendation regarding student’s participation.
• Follow communication protocol established for student-athletes who sustain injuries.
• Manage training room supplies, including inventory, maintenance, record of use, and labeling.
• Prepare and process medical supplies order for the following year.
• Collaborate with Athletic Department staff and School leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
• Maintain current NATA Certification,CPR Certification and First Aid Certification.
• Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm.
• Ability to communicate effectively with middle school/high school age students and their parents.
• Must be organized and detail oriented, self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision.
• Schedule will include evening and weekend work.
• Work will require sitting, standing, lifting, and carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, climbing stairs, squatting, kneeling, and moving equipment/light furniture may be required.
• Work environment will include a variety of indoor and outdoor surfaces, climates and weather conditions.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 21, 2014.
La Reina High School has an immediate opening for a Full time Maintenance Assistant. The Maintenance Assistant will report to the Maintenance Supervisor, who reports to the Director of Facilities. The position will maintain proper, clean and safe building and grounds areas including sidewalks, lunch areas, parking lots, classrooms, lights, clocks, windows. Assist in moving and arranging furniture, boxes, desks, carpet tiles. Also perform minor, non-technical repairs to desks, lockers, toilets, sinks and other facility equipment. Provide emergency clean up from plumbing, breakage, spills, or illness. Other general maintenance duties as assigned.
• Ability to work without immediate supervision in a proactive manner.
• Must speak English and follow oral and written English instructions.
• Perform daily moderate heavy physical labor.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff, students, parents, and outside vendors.
• Follow safety guidelines and practices for equipment operations, cleaning and storage of materials.
• Must be able to lift 75 pounds and go up and down stairs with that weight.
• Must be able to be on feet for the entire shift, of 8 hours.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, twist, reach and kneel frequently.
• Must possess the balance needed to work on a 20 foot extension ladder.
Experience and Training
• Applicants should have general maintenance skills in painting, drywall, electrical, plumbing.
• Equivalent to completion of high school or GED certification.
• Previous general maintenance experience desirable.
• Must clear Department of Justice Live Scan Fingerprinting and a background check.
• Tuberculosis clearance required.
The position will generally work Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm, with varied hours, nights and weekends as needed for special events. The starting pay is approximately $13.00 per hour.
This position will be eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation Time and Sick Time. Qualified applicants should email their resume to: email@example.com fax it to 805-494-4966. Please do not contact the school directly with questions regarding the position.
Cafeteria Food Service Worker – Part Time
La Reina High School is currently hiring for a Part Time Food Service Worker who works under the direction of the supervisor who, in turn, reports to the Cafeteria Manager. The general duties and responsibilities of the Food Service Worker are to perform routine manual tasks in the preparation and serving of food and in cleaning and, maintaining food service areas. The Cafeteria Food Service Worker will perform daily merchandising, replenishing all vending and retail fixtures.
• Cooperate with the Cafeteria Manager to provide a positive and inviting dining experience for students, faculty, staff and parents.
• Be responsible for the proper maintenance of merchandising for vending and retail fixtures.
• Be responsible for food preparation by chopping, washing, cutting, assembling, sorting
• Be responsible for the serving of food during the serving period.
• Be responsible for cleaning equipment, storage, and work areas during the total work day.
• Assist with the loading and unloading of food supplies.
• Be responsible for the proper storage of food.
• Be responsible for washing dishes and utensils, including those from catered events.
• Operate mechanical kitchen equipment safely.
• Follow work schedules as assigned by the Cafeteria Manager.
• Practice acceptable health and work habits as described by the county and state.
• Participate in staff/faculty functions as requested by the supervisor, Cafeteria Manager or Head of School.
• Participate in Professional Development Training.
• Cafeteria Cashier Duties
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Cafeteria Manager and/or supervisor.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in school food service or a related restaurant/cooking field is desirable.
• Honest, loyal, dependable, willing to work creating and maintaining cooperative relationships with others.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work and/or stand for 4.5 hours
• Stoop, bend, twist, kneel frequently
• Lift 45 pounds
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Slip resistant shoes, proper hair protection, and clothing as required by the Cafeteria Manager or county health regulations.
This position will generally work 20-25 hours per week, Monday – Friday, during the 10 month school year. Occasional nights and weekends maybe needed for special events. As a part time position, therefore is not eligible for health benefits. Pay is depending on experience, range $10-$13 per hour.
A background check, Department of Justice fingerprinting, and TB Clearance are all required for employment. Please send a resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.The application deadline is July 2, 2014.
High School Teacher of Theology 2014/2015
La Reina High School is looking for a candidate who is a practicing Catholic with a strong foundation in Catholic theology, able to communicate not only the doctrine and morals of the Church but to enthusiastically guide students in their own spiritual growth. Minimum requirement is a B.A. in Theology from a Catholic institution or currently enrolled in a Theology program. Please send resume to: email@example.com, FAX 805-494-4966.