1. Submit an online application.
2. Attend La Reina’s Open House.
4. Request transcripts from the applicant’s current school.
5. Request recommendations from the applicant’s current English and math teachers, current principal, and religious leader.
- Links to the online recommendation system will be sent to families after you have applied.
- Please note that most public schools prohibit their teachers from participating in the recommendation process for private schools. This will not be held against an applicant, but may make placement in honors classes difficult.
6. Take the High School Entrance Placement Test. Only 9th grade applicants are required to take the HSPT.
7. Schedule a personal interview
8. Acceptance letters will be mailed in early March.
*Current La Reina eighth graders do not need to apply for La Reina’s high school program if they are in good standing academically and have maintained above average citizenship during their time at La Reina.
The faculty and staff of La Reina strive to give every student opportunities to thrive and succeed. Because of the rigor of our academic program, the following indicators for success are considered for admission.
- A desire to attend La Reina
- Personal interview of the applicant by La Reina personnel
- Scholastic achievement for the previous three years
- Standardized test scores for the previous three years
- Citizenship grades for the previous three years
- Results of the entrance test given at La Reina
- Recommendations from an applicant’s current principal, math teacher, English teacher, and a pastor, priest or religious leader (Please note that some schools may choose not to participate in the submission of recommendation forms for their students and this will not be held against an applicant.)
As a Catholic school, La Reina gives first consideration to Catholic young women who qualify for the academic program offered. Non-Catholic students who qualify for La Reina’s academic program are selected without regard to race, color, or national and ethnic origin.
La Reina, mindful of its mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students of any race, color, national and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities at the school. The school is non-discriminatory in the administration of its educational polices, financial aid, athletic, and other school-administered programs.